Saturday, October 15, 2011

Zucchini Recipes

Ahhhh FALL...I love baking with pumpkin, apples and zucchini. Because of our little shits, I mean, shih tzus, we don't really have a garden. We had a tomato plant thanks to Ted and nothing is better than a home grown tomato. My sista, Misti is ALWAYS trying new recipes so I am always hitting her up for new recipes. She sent me a couple recipes using zucchini and I couldn't wait to try them except I have no zucchini. Sure, I could buy one I guess...but usually this time of year zucchinis are everywhere and EVERYBODY is trying to get rid of them. Ever opened your front door to a zucchini or three? LOL Well, I open my front door EVERY morning HOPING to see even one zucchini but noooooooo....so, I begged and pleaded with my friends and everybody else I come in contact with to give me a zucchini if they had any extra. FINALLY my AWESOME coworker and FRIEND, Aubrey, gave me a humongous zucchini!!! Yay! Thank you Aubrey! I have made zucchini chocolate chip muffins and zucchini blueberry bread thus far today and still have a TON of zucchini left (already shredded). Both recipes are pretty freaking fantabulous so I've got to share them, the recipes, that is. ENJOY!!!

BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD

1 cup flour
1 cup wheat flour (I used the “white” wheat flour)
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
¾ cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottom only of 9-in loaf pan. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine eggs, oil, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Gently stir in zucchini and blueberries. Bake about 1 hour, until toothpick clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.

ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup oil
¼ cup milk
1 Tb. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini
¼ cup mini chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients and stir into dry just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes for 12 regular muffins, or 10-12 minutes for 24 mini muffins, until toothpick clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment