Sunday, February 1, 2009

STEELERS WIN 6TH SUPER BOWL!!!



















It was a good game. A close game but fortunately for us and Steeler fans everywhere, it ended well! This is a BIG day for the Pocatello Welkers, especially Jim! He is sooooo happy that I cannot even describe his happiness, almost annoying really. (Doesn't LULU look thrilled?) Heather, Shawn, Lexie, Connor, Mom and Ted came over to join in the fun. Heather and family left before the game was over though because Shawn had to go to work. They left when the Steelers were up big and it looked as though they would easily win. But that changed rather quickly! Alyssa, Mom and I were all nervous upstairs while Jim was yelling downstairs with Ted. Poor Ted. We could hear the screaming upstairs so I can only imagine what it was like sitting in the same room with Jim. Kylie was also downstairs on the computer updating her MY SPACE to annoy her former "boyfriend."

I think of all us had our doubts that the Steelers would win at that point but Jim said he never stopped believing! Jim and Ted celebrated the win with shots of tequila and then Ted left us with Jim. We all have to go to work and/or school tomorrow except Jim. Tomorrow will be a holiday for him and I will be surprised if he can even speak because right now, he will not SHUT UP! Yes, I know, the Steelers have won their 6th Super Bowl. I guess he thinks we missed the game or something??? Alyssa needed to run to Walgreens to buy computer paper for her homework that she just now started so I made Jim go along. He might stop in at Randy's to gloat a little to his co-workers. I HOPE by the time they return, his voice is gone or at the very least, he is ready to go to bed. I am THANKFUL for ear plugs and GLAD the Super Bowl is only once a year...I don't know if my heart could take much more.
Thank you and congrats STEELERS, World Champions 2008-2009!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture. Wow, you guys really are big fans...with the jerseys and all. CUTE

    ReplyDelete